XPS vs. Project navigator

Chip : virtex 2 (microblaze) multimedia board company : xilinx

Question :

On my system i have 2 environments ... Xilinx Platform Studio and second Project Navigator !! Why do we need 2 env. to interact with the chip ! What is the difference between XPS and Project navigator ... atleast 1 i knoe .. i can't compile c code and debug it using project navigator ( or may b i can..i haven't figured it out yet !! ) I think we can download the bit stream onto the fpga using both the env.

hmmm .... thats all..am a bit confused about the 2 ! any help !

Reply to
mb