XPS 7.1 to 8.1 Warnings

Hi, I am working with a project from Memec for the Virtex-4 FX12. The directory name has a 7.1 after the name of the project, and when I open it in XPS, it says that it was created with a different version. I'm using 8.1.02i

So I let it update, and I get a few warnings, the same three, repeated

4 times.

Project Files updated successfully. Now trying to update IP versions... WARNING:MDT - D:\EDK_Projects\V4FX12MM TEMAC Design -

7.1\V4FX12MM_TEMAC_Design\pcores\ll_temac_v1_00_b\data\ll_temac_v2_1_0.mpd line 110 Unknown PORT subproperty VEC[3:0] WARNING:MDT - D:\EDK_Projects\V4FX12MM TEMAC Design - 7.1\V4FX12MM_TEMAC_Design\pcores\opb_v20_v1_10_b\data\opb_v20_v2_1_0.mpd line 51 Unknown PORT subproperty TYPE WARNING:MDT - D:\EDK_Projects\V4FX12MM TEMAC Design - 7.1\V4FX12MM_TEMAC_Design\pcores\opb_v20_v1_10_b\data\opb_v20_v2_1_0.mpd line 53 Unknown PORT subproperty TYPE INFO:MDT - The installed version of EDK tools is 8.1.02, while project was created with version 8.1 Done.

After the above line it repeates the errors 3 times. Any insight to how I can fix these errors?

I searched this group and saw someone with a similar problem and the replied answer was the look in the /hw folder of the install dir. But I don't know what I should be looking for. As it appears the IPs are in the pcores dir in the project dir? no?

Should I try to open it and not update the cores? Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Kyle H.

You can ignore these warnings, but if you want to get rid of them edit the MPD files. Just delete whatever the tool says is unknown.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

After looking into the warnings a bit, I noticed some problems with the mpd file.

PORT OPB_Clk = "", DIR = IN, SIGIS = CLK, TYPE = NOBUS, ASSIGNMENT = REQUIRE replaced with: PORT OPB_Clk = "", DIR = IN, SIGIS = CLK, ASSIGNMENT = REQUIRE

PORT SYS_Rst = "", DIR = IN, TYPE = NOBUS, ASSIGNMENT = REQUIRE replaced with: PORT SYS_Rst = "", DIR = IN, ASSIGNMENT = REQUIRE

PORT RGMII_RXD = "", DIR=I, VEC[3:0] replaced with: PORT RGMII_RXD = "", DIR=I, VEC=[3:0]

Were these warnings just generated though the tools modifying these files? What's the mpd file for?

Reply to
Kyle H.

Now I'm trying to build the first project and I get swamped with warnings and errors. I decided to check out the errors first.

The first Error I get.

ERROR:MDT - wrong # args: should be "source fileName"

Has something to do with sourcing the tcl file. I check the tcl file's that come up in the rest of the error, and they have barley anything inside them:

proc check_iplevel_settings {mhsinst} { # check bus connectivity will be done in platgen }

It seems like the rest of these errors have something to do with the tcl file. Any insight as to my new problem?

Reply to
Kyle H.