XPower report precision

Hi,

I am using the Xilinx Xpower tool to perform Power analysis. The default precision in the reported power values is 1 decimal place.

This leads to a difference between the summary value produced in the report and the value obtained by summing up the power consumption in the logic components, given in the logic power breakdown section.

So I would like to know if there is an option which allows the user to increase the precision of the values being displayed ?

Many Thanks

Reply to
the.gaffar

Hi, go to the edit menu -> preferences and change the Current/Power units.

Aurash

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but I use XPower in the command line mode, and hence would like to know what command line switch I could use to improve the precision of the power values shown.

Altaf

Reply to
the.gaffar

Hi Altaf,

Have you tried the TCL commands ? There are "setPowerUnit" and "setCurrentUnit" commands available.

Brendan

Reply to
Brendan Cullen

Hi Brendan,

No I havent tried the TCL settings for XPower

Is there some documentation available for this ?

Many Thanks

Altaf

Reply to
the.gaffar

Hi Brendan,

I was able to get the required result using your suggested method.

Many Thanks

Altaf

Reply to
the.gaffar