XPower crashes....

Hi, I do a post place and route simulation using modelsim. To estimate the power I generate dump.vcd file during simulation so that I can get the power numbers using XPower. The problem is that XPower at the very end of its execution crashes and it aborts, giving me this message:

FATAL_ERROR:Power:vcdParser.y:815: - PowerVcd_Parser: line 669374017: No valid identifier code was specified for scalar value change. Identifier provided was jL:0nL: Process will terminate. To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at

The size of the vcd file is about 5GB. So there is no way that I can open it to get a better idea of the problem. Do you have any idea why I get this error message? Can it be a problem of my design size? or can it be a problem with the design itself? Because the simulation works just fine so I don't know why XPower should crash. My design is roughly about 8000-9000 slices.

Thanks,

Reply to
Xesium

Xesium

File sizes over 4 GB are not supported on 32 bit platforms -- are you running XPower on a 64 bit platform?

Cheers,

Russ

Reply to
Russ Panneton