XMD with CableServer OR remote EDK solution

Hi,

Is it possible to run XMD remotely using CableServer? This is the only missing item that would enable me to work completely remotely from my desk (instead of being in the lab, where we can't drink coffee ;) One alternative is to use Remote Desktop to control the lab computer but I'd really like to avoid having to install the complete Xilinx toolset on the lab computers.

Another gizmo I found is a USB to ethernet converter (to control the platform cable usb remotely). Not sure if it would work though:

Thanks for any pointers.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

though:

XMD is actually itself a server, so it can sure be accessed over network the gizmo you mention would not work, check the list of supported devices

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Yes but then XMD has to run on the lab machine, and I want to avoid installing all the Xilinx software on lab computers (which takes forever, having to install ISE + EDK + Chipscope + all related service packs and IP upgrades).

I have found a solution that works well, it's called "USB to Ethernet Connector":

It's a software solution that basically shares a USB port over the network. I can then map that remote USB port locally and Xilinx tools think that the JTAG cable is connected locally on my machine. It seem to work well so far.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Dubois

no they are not.

there has been some reverse engineering done, but its not complete so 3rd parties can not use these services (unless doing RE on the protocol)

Reply to
Antti

I've done a network based programmer, but it can program only. Are the functions required by ChipScope and the JTAG/UART interface documented anywhere so that 3rd parties can interface to them?

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?