XMD and xilmfs help

Hello,

I have a board with 256M of RAM and a V2P30. Designed a simple system in EDK with the RAM partitioned into 2 equal parts. Compiled a .elf to live in one half and want to use the other half for a filesystem. The .elf runs fine in the sense that I get the "Usage: " message from it via the UART when it realizes it doesn't have any input files. I have trouble when I try and incorporate the filesystem. I am using xilmfs so I generated a .mfs with a couple dummy files in it. Now if I use XMD to first download the elf, it works fine (as described above -- I can run it over and over again) but when I download the .mfs, it ceases to work ('run' produces nothing via stdout -- I think it is spinning somewhere in a few lines of code). I am careful about the address supplied to the 'dow' command and am using the -data flag. A wierd effect of the .mfs download is that the pc is reset to 0x0000cfd4 instead of to 0xfffffffc when I type 'run' at XMD prompt. Trying to set the pc manually doesn't help ('rwr' then 'con'). I get the feeling that the .elf is getting stomped by the .mfs even though it really doesn't know anything about that region of memory (I am pretty sure I got the linker script right).

I could easily babble quite a bit more about this, but will leave it here. If any further info would help you help me, let me know! I appreciate any advice...

Joey

Reply to
Joseph

Well, I got over this problem. Now if anyone knows how to use XMD to get xilmfs files/filesystems back out of the RAM after my embedded program has run, I would love to hear about it.

Joey

Reply to
Joseph