Xlinix ML403 evaluation board

Hello all,

First of all I have to say that I'm completely new with the FPGAs.

I have just received Xlinx ML403 and I have some problems/questions:

1. When I tried to use demos which requires NIC on the PC side I could
use e.g. Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT NIC and everything is OK but when I
connect to NVIDIA nForce built-in (ASUS A8N-E motherboard) NIC
connection is established, no packets are received (TX diode shows that
board is transmitting). On the other hand the NIC itself is OK when
working with other NICs/switches.
What do you think the problems is rather connected with the NIC or with
the board?

2. I have download Ethernet Cores Hardware Demonstration Platform
(xapp443) and when I use it with hard MAC I could not send frames bigger
than 4000 bytes, the other issue is that the maximum speed I got using
1500 bytes frames and the speed is 840 Mbps (payload). I think should be
better (close to 1 Gbps) and for the bigger frames faster not slower.
How to send 9k (or if not possible 4k) frames with 1 Gbps speed.

3. Where I can find description how to prepare my own boot menu for
bitstreams on CF card for the System ACE.

Best regards,
Bartek

Re: Xlinix ML403 evaluation board

you are using a crosslink cable? some NICs have some
auto-swap-input-pins feature ... maybe your intel has - try to run the
connection over a switch where you can see the link status of both sides

bye,
Michael

Re: Xlinix ML403 evaluation board

Yes I'm using crossover cable.