Xilinx XC95108 Chip

I wrote a VHDL program and loaded it into a Xilinx XC95108 chip , unfortunately , the chip's memory is unable to store the VHDL Program . The VHDL program size is too huge . I was wondering what's the maximum number of Flip-flops & Gates the XC95108 can store ? I need this information . Can anyone tell me ?

Thanks for the help .

Reply to
Bose

Look in the data sheet.

The number of FFs should be simple. The number of gates is (much) more complicated.

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

The 108 has 108 cells. Each has a FF.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Casselman

One cannot load a VHDL program in a chip. What you load is a bitstream, which results from running first synthesis and then several implementation phases. If your design doesn't fit in a particular chip you know it when your implementation fails in one of the phases. When this happens you don't have a bitstream to load. So, I don't understand what and how you were trying to load?...

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Well, I ran all the programs ( running fc2,design manager ... )and implementation and all phases were successful.It's only at the last stage where I have this problem,the chip's memory size is too small to store my vhdl program.

By the way, the XC95108 has 108 cells , what are cells ? so the sc95108 can store 108 flip-flops ?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Bose

You really should read the data sheet.

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

The numbers in the suffix stand for macrocell count. So, a XC95108 woould have 108 MCs. A MC contains a register, PTA (product term allocator) and a switch matrix. You should read the datasheet for more info. Also a "chip's memory size" does not make any sense. The 9500s do not have any on-chip memory. Maybe you meant that the device is over-utilized?

Reply to
Anil Khanna