Xilinx Webpack vs Foundation ?

Hello all,

What is the MAIN difference between Xilinx ISE Foundation and Xilinx ISE WebPACK ? Can they both do FPGA design, simulation, place and route, and post-place and route simulations ?

They both seem to support the Xilinx FPGAs

-Roger

Reply to
Roger Bourne

Also, Webpack is free. ISE Foundation is not free. Very important difference. Now, if that is the only MAIN difference...(I know it is not ;) )

-Roger

Reply to
Roger Bourne

Basically tool wise they are now same as of version 8.1. Used to be a few tools were not in Webpack.

The difference is the devices supported. Webpack only supports the smaller end and generally lower end devices. Foundation gives you all the currently recommended for use parts. Some of the buy add-ons may not be available to Webpack as well.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Hollybush1. The PC104+ Spartan3 Development Board.

John Adair

Would you know if it matters whether or not Webpack or Foundation is employed to design a Spartan XC3S400 FPGA?, family of Spartan 3 I believe.

-Roger

Reply to
Roger Bourne

WebPack 8.1i will work fine for the XC3S400. It supports Spartan-3 parts up to the XC3S1500, and Spartan-3E up to the XC3S1600E.

Reply to
Eric Smith