Xilinx WebPack and Linux/WINE

Hello,

is it possible to start the Xilinx WebPack 6.1 with WINE under Linux (SuSE 9.0)? If I start ise.exe I will get the message, that msvcp60.dll isn't find.

Thank you for your answer.

bye

martin sauer

Reply to
Martin Sauer

Martin Sauer wrote: : Hello,

: is it possible to start the Xilinx WebPack 6.1 with WINE under Linux : (SuSE 9.0)? If I start ise.exe I will get the message, that msvcp60.dll : isn't find.

: Thank you for your answer.

Did you install with wine? The program installer is responsible for deploying all needed dlls. You can try to fix that by hand, but that needs good resoning and some knowledge about wine debugging.

Installing with wine often doesn't go flawless, perhaps rerun.

Setting the wine-version to "win2k" for ISE is also a good idea, also "win98" seems to work again ( even on "real" win98), while 5.1/5.2 stalled with ersion "win98" in wine and in "real'.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes  bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Free software means: Contribute nothing, expect nothing

Uwe Bonnes