Xilinx Webpack 7.1 under Wine(and libQt_Qt.dll)

FYI: I found that it was necessary to unzip the self-extracting exe file for webpack 7.1 and then run 'wine setup.exe'. If I tried to run 'wine WebPACK_71_fcfull_i.exe' wine would report an error about the exe not being a Win32 executable. So first run: 'unzip WebPACK_71_fcfull_i.exe' and then run 'wine setup.exe'. (thanks to Uwe Bonnes for pointing this out)

Also I found a hint about the GUI in the Windows version of webpack 7.1 by doing that unzip: There is a dll file called libQt_Qt.dll that gets extracted. This seems to hint that the Windows ISE 7.1 GUI is based on Qt. If so, then why doesn't the Linux version seem to be Qt-based (they still seem to be using WindU)? Maybe this is an indicator that there will be a Qt based GUI for the Linux version soon (that would be a good thing).

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson

It seemed to install OK, but when I try to create a new project I get a dialog box that comes up and says: "no device data files have been found in this installation, please verify that the software is installed properly"

If I click OK a couple of times it lets me continue to the project setup wizard where you enter the project name and location. There is a box which asks you to select the type of top-level module for the project there as well, but the pulldown menu is empty. When I click 'next' nothing happens... probably because type of top-level module isn't being set. Has anyone seen this?

I tried both 6.3 and 7.1 and got similar results. I'm running wine --version 20050310

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson

Phil, wine WebPACK_71_fcfull_i.exe runs fine for me, at least I tested until the licence acceptance was asked. Are you sure you didn't run out of filespace or such problems? How long is a relay log up to the error?

Uwe Bonnes

I suppose it's possible that I ran out of space, however, the error message from wine about WebPACK_71_fcfull_i.exe not being a valid Win32 executable came back right away. The installation _seemed_ to proceed OK by running 'wine setup.exe', however, I can't create projects seemingly because it complains about 'no device files found' (see my other post).

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson

I tried wine 20041019 and it seems to be working better.

PHil

Reply to
Phil Tomson