Xilinx WebPack 6 -> Error: 90:Portability <-- anyone can give me a hint?

Hi,

using the WebPack 6.1, latest service pack I get the following error message:

Started process "Translate".

ERROR:Portability:90 - Command line error: Unexpected argument[11] "filename.ngc" found

What have I done before:

1) have existing older project which compiled well before. 2) made a new empty project and added the *.vhd sources. 3) try to compile. It stops with the above error.

Some time ago I had the same error with another project. There I had renamed some files and entities (not in the questioned project). I got finally rid of the error message when I took the original source and renamed step by step, without knowing what was actually the reason for the error message, it did not appear again. In this past case I had a 'working' version, one which compiled, as a start-off.

Now I am starting with the error message right in the beginning.

What can I change? Where can I have a look?

Thank you for any effort. Regards

Klaus

Reply to
khiltrop

Klaus, Have you been to the Xilinx website answer search thingy? I put ERROR:Portability:90 into the search and had four answers appear. Somewhere to start. Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Yes, I have been there. If I did not overlook something, there are error reports with the same number and keyword, however, from the impact programmer.

I have the error with 'translate' process.

Thanks anyway :-)

Klaus, Have you been to the Xilinx website answer search thingy? I put ERROR:Portability:90 into the search and had four answers appear. Somewhere to start. Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
khiltrop

Ok Klaus, The first hit was Answer Record # 9936 :-

Problem Description: Keywords: NgdBuild, error, portability, 90, command, line

Urgency: Standard

General Description: When running NGDBuild, the following error occurs:

ERROR:Portability:90 - Command line error: Argument "C:\temp\design.edn" has an invalid extension. The valid extension is ".ngd". If your file name has more than one "." in it you must explicitly enter the full file name with its extension.

Solution 1:

This error is usually the result of having a space in the path leading to the macro search directory. For example, if the macro search path was set to:

C:\Program Files\libraries

NGDBuild would issue the above error.

Xilinx tools do not support any white space in directory or file names. To work around the problem, do not reference any files with spaces in the path.

Reply to
Symon