Xilinx vs Altera

The Atmel AP7 is an AVR32 core, not Cortex M3, but they do have low cost development boards for this, and it has plenty of horsepower.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

=

r. =

=

Yeah I thought about using this one, too. I have a board with this CPU here (the NGW100) but was not impressed by= =

the ethernet performance. It is probably the Linux overhead, though. If = my =

plans for firewire fail due to licensing I will consider it again ;)

en =

=

=

=

Actually I wonder why no-one proposes such a board at a decent price. =

There are some that come close, but there is always a gotcha, either =

price, or some other problems like in this one :

Where the connection between the CPU and FPGA is using a crummy 8 bit b= us =

and the the FPGA hasn't got enough IO pins exposed...

Reply to
PFC

Actually there is this nice board :

Still a bit expensive, though (about ?450 with the 1600E and the CPU)

Reply to
PFC

Why FIR? AFAIK it takes less logic to implement an IIR filter.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)