Xilinx USB download cable

Hello everybody,

today I tried to use an USB Xlinix Multilinx cable (DLC6) with ISE 9.1. To OS is Windows XP, SP2. Whenever I plug the device, Windows asks for a driver and iMPACT doesn't find any cables. I re-installed ISE 9.1 three times, with and without service pack 1. Finally, I tried the serial connector of the Multilinx, which also didn't work. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Thank You very much,

Markus Fras

Reply to
Markus Fras

The MultiLINX cable is not supported in ISE 9.1i as it has been discontinued.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hello Ed McGettigan,

that's sad to hear; we have three of the devices around at our company. So what do we do with them, throw them in the bin and by new ones?

Markus Fras

Ed McGettigan schrieb:

Reply to
Markus Fras

Call your rep and demand that they supply you with supported replacements, gratis.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Markus,

The Multilinx cable is not supported in this ISE release. This can be verified in the 9.1i software manual under iMPACT help. Check the search index for supported cables and you will see that Multilinx is not listed.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe that support ended with 7.1i. Whichever the last release is that includes the needed drivers, you can download the WebPACK version and be able to use the cable for programming.

On a side note, why Multilinx? It is obsolete for a reason (it was horribly slow and was very expensive). If you are limited by only having a USB port available, I would recommned using the latest Platform USB cable or the parallel port PC4 cable.

-David

Reply to
davide

Another point why driver source is useful to have.

(the adapters may be slow & expensive, but if you got a few of them..well..)

Reply to
pbFJKD