Xilinx USB Blaster FX2 firmware and CPLD replacement under GPL released

its already done! I was kind of hoping someone does it, and voila, done...

and as a good smile bonus, I really like that webpage, the author can really name thing with proper names.

to understand that just place the cursor over "proprietary nightmare" - and you see the hyperlink -

!! :)

nice way to say it: "The windriver stuff really is one major thing that f*** ups Xilinx Cable IV and USB Cable support".

Antti

Antti

Have you (or anyone else) tried it with the Platform USB cable? I'd imagine it would be almost identical to the stuff that's on the S3E starter board but you never know how bloody minded some hardware companies can be ;)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
Daniel O'Connor

Daniel O'Connor schrieb:

as long as the platform usb and s3e starte use the same FX2 firmware and same CPLD file they should be fairly compatible.

the difference could be in additional control outputs of the CPLD as the platform cable has tri-state busdrivers not present in the starterkit. so control outputs for them may have to be tied to some level in the CPLD.

well thats a guess I have not checked or tried it yet.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

I imagine the CPLD is identical as the WebPack software just sees it as a Platform USB cable.

OK, I am looking at getting a new JTAG dongle since the one work got for free(!) with Altium seems a bit dodgy. (And it's slow and it's parallel)

Thanks.