Xilinx tools concern

Starting a new design using both V2P and V5. I see with concern that the latest Xilinx tools might have issues. We need to upgrade as the candidate development machine is running 6.2-something (don't laugh, it works fine and it hasn't broken any designs).

What's the current recommendation? Can one even get a prior version that doesn't have a personality? Time to talk to an FAE, I guess.

-Martin

Reply to
martin.usenet

Every version has a personality.

If you're starting a new design, I'd suggest starting with the most recent tool version and discovering the personality as you go along. When new tool versions come along, you can find out if your design "breaks." But for now, your design won't break if it's a fresh design; you may have troubles but that's the case with just about any version.

I don't get into the high end parts or EDK. My experiences have been rather positive with the Xilinx tools where I typically use the GUI flow. Some things may be awkward - like the easily corrupted .ise project file - but reasonably stable.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

Martin,

You must use 9.1 if you need V5.

Aust> Starting a new design using both V2P and V5. I see with concern that

Reply to
austin

I do. I do. :-)

OK, well, that defines it.