Xilinx System Generator crashes repeatedly

I am sorry for posting this as I have already posted it on the comp.soft-sys.matlab.

I have a MatLab 7.2/Simulink 6.4/Xilinx System Generator 8.1.01 software installation. My problem is that the Xilinx Simulink blockset is entirely unstable. For example, when I try to change the properties of any Xilinx block, the Java runtime often crashes and takes MatLab with it. All other non-Xilinx blocks run perfectly fine. I tried to have MatLab use the system-wide Java installation but that didn't solve the problem.

It is worth noting that when I installed the System Generator 8.1, it refused to accept the comcli.dll library that comes with MatLab 7.2 so I had to download an old dll from mathworks.com to avoid the error message. After setup, I reverted back to the original comcli.dll library because MatLab refused to run with the one I download from the website.

Thank you,

Reply to
mmkhajah

I am sorry for posting this as I have already posted it on the comp.soft-sys.matlab.

I have a MatLab 7.2/Simulink 6.4/Xilinx System Generator 8.1.01 software installation. My problem is that the Xilinx Simulink blockset is entirely unstable. For example, when I try to change the properties of any Xilinx block, the Java runtime often crashes and takes MatLab with it. All other non-Xilinx blocks run perfectly fine. I tried to have MatLab use the system-wide Java installation but that didn't solve the problem.

It is worth noting that when I installed the System Generator 8.1, it refused to accept the comcli.dll library that comes with MatLab 7.2 so I had to download an old dll from mathworks.com to avoid the error message. After setup, I reverted back to the original comcli.dll library because MatLab refused to run with the one I download from the website.

The error message MatLab reports when it crashes is titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error". The contents of the message are not clear.

Thank you,

Reply to
mmkhajah

Hi, What OS are you using ?

Rgds Andr=E9

Reply to
ALuPin

Windows XP SP2.

I just wanted to add that the error dialog Matlab reports after crashing is titled "Visual C++ Runtime Library Error".

Reply to
mmkhajah