xilinx remote platform flash program

We are trying to develop a system that utilizes a Xilinx XC4VFX12 chip and platform flash. One of our main goals is to be able to remotely upgrade the bitfiles in the platform flash through ethernet and rs232. Is it possible to program the platform flash from the fpga/ powerpc core using the jtag chain? My idea was to have the powerpc get the bitfile from whatever source, store it in ram, then send it to the platform flash using some type of jtag interface (soft core or software on the powerpc). Many of the examples I have seen involve using cplds and other external logic, not this way.

Reply to
bishopg12

The answer is XAPP058 :) Also read the recent thread about the xsvf player.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM