Xilinx Platform cable USB and impact on linux without windrvr

Hi,

are you sure the given product and vendor IDs are from your Xilinx Programmer? All my programmers have VendorID 0x03fd and product IDs between 0x0007 and 0x0015. Once fxload has loaded the cypress firmware the programmer should have productID 0x0008 and the LED turns orange or green.

Reply to
rndhro

I bought four Chinese Platform Cables, and was surprised to find I had two different types, two with Cypress 8051 + logic chip, and two with FTDI (0403-6xxx) and level shifters.

The guy using them got the FTDI ones working with Impact, but not the Cypress ones which need a firmware file and an extra package? to upload the 8051 firmware on connection under linux.

I think that one of the apps is scripted Impact, so it may be simple to recover the settings. Impact was installed from ISE

14.7. Jan Coombs
Reply to
Jan Coombs