Xilinx PCI-Express Endpoint Block IP

There is only 8 bit interface wrapper(pcie_gt_wrapper.v) from Xilinx PCI-Express Endpoint Block IP. it means that it needs 250MHz clk.In general,it is impossible to achieve 250Mhz clk with large design.So,we need 16bit interface wrapper so that the clk can be reduced 125Mhz. it is very easy to implement.is there avaliable 16bit wrapper?

Reply to
water9580

I think it should be possible to design a 16-bit interface wrapper around the GTP. Buf if you are using the PCIE_EP hard block then the Transceiver interface is 8-bit PIPE interface. So we don't gain much by having a 16-bit interface wrapper for GTP.

In my design I have registers in all the connections between PCIE_EP and GTP. It works fine for x1 and x4. There wasn't any timing issue. My core_clock is 250 MHz and user_clock is 125 MHz.

-Sovan.

Reply to
sovan

I only need the PCIE GTP wrapper of Xilinx Endpoint Block,no Endpoint Block hard core.I have customized my PCIE controller.it works well.

But i need a 16bit interface wrapper around the GTP.so,my user_clk can be reduced 125MHz.

my steps is

1>generate a standard 16bit PCIE wrapper with Xilinx Coregen wizard1.7

2>overwritte the all 16bit file tile header parameters with 8bit PCIE Endpoint Block parameter

any other modified?

Reply to
water9580