Xilinx Partial Reconfiguration add-on module

Xilinx promised for ISE8.1i a "free add-on module for partial reconfiguration". But I still don't see it. Can anybody give me some precisions?

Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

"GaLaKtIkUsT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

ASFAIK it is only available upon request from FAE, not freely downloadable

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

But what exactly is it for?!? Is it something to cope with the lack of T-bufs in most recent devices, or is it a tool that only helps with the modular design flow?

A.D.

Reply to
A.D.

I guess you are talking about the bus macros used to interconnect static and reconfigurable modules. These are available as .nmc files (placed-and-routed macros) in the XAPP290 reference design files. The appnote also explains why they are required.

Kunal@Xilinx

Reply to
Kunal Shenoy

We are trying to make partial reconf with Virtex4 but ISE 8.1SP1 fails during the assembly phase. We want to test that "add-on module" but our copy of ISE is provided by EuroPractice for universities and we dont know how to contact with a FAE. Any suggestion?

Javier

Reply to
Javier Castillo