Xilinx + Modelsim *Please Help Tonight*

I am trying to use modelsim to do a timing simulation on a VHDL file I generated using xilinx. I generated the: ecc.sim.sdf and the ecc_sim.vhdl.

However in modelsim with I use these commands it give me an error at the 5th command. It will not vsim.

cd {c:/ecc/lab1test/ecc_multiply} vlib work vmap simprim c:/modeltech_6.0b/examples/Modeltech_6.0bxilinx/simprim vcom ecc_sim.vhd vsim -sdftyp /=c:/ecc/lab1test/ecc_multiply/ecc_sim.sdf work.multiply

The error I get is:

** Warning: (vsim-SDF-3440) c:/ecc/lab1test/ecc_multiply/ecc_sim.sdf: Failed to find any of the 85 instances from this file. # ** Warning: (vsim-SDF-3442) c:/ecc/lab1test/ecc_multiply/ecc_sim.sdf: Try instance '/multiply/nlwblockroc'. It contains all instance paths from this file. # ** Error: (vsim-SDF-3445) Failed to parse SDF file "c:/ecc/lab1test/ecc_multiply/ecc_sim.sdf". # Time: 0 ns Iteration: 0 Region: /multiply File: ecc_sim.vhd

Please help.

I am using modelsim 6.0b

Reply to
Ricky Stern

These errors indicate you are not using correct combination of post annotated VHDL file and SDF file. You might have multiple versions of VHDL and SDF file which aren't co-relating i.e. not generated from the same design. Also, what version of Xilinx tools are you using?

Regards Vikram

Reply to
Vikram Pasham

xilinx 5.3

I am using the post place and route to create a modelsim vhdl and sdf file that I named myself so I am use I am using the right ones.

thanks

Reply to
Ricky Stern