Xilinx ML310 programming failure

I was wondering if anyone using the ML310 is having similar issues as I am --

What I'm using:

- Platform Cable USB

- Xilinx ML310 All the latest software updates as of today (11/13/06)

- EDK v8.2.02

- ISE v8.2.02

- IP Updates v2

I'm downloading the bitstream onto the board from EDK, and it always shows that it was successful. The board, however, randomly does not function as it's supposed to (more often than not), and it does nothing. No serial output, the lights don't do anything (there's a custom IP in there that makes the lights blink -- I created it to debug this exact issue), and the board is otherwise dead.

Questions:

  1. Can I use ChipScope to debug this? What should I check (I'm guessing the bus clock and various signals in the embedded system)
  2. How can I isolate the problem to the JTAG programmer, if that's where it is? I only have one of these, and it would be silly for me to buy another just to isolate the problem.

- Kunal

Reply to
kunals.spam.account