[Xilinx] MIG V1.6 Reduced max Speed for DDR2 controllers ??

Hi all,

working on DDR2 controllers generated with MIG V1.6 I did notice the reduction in max speed for "Direct Clocking Mode"

Up to now a speedgrade -11 LX60 Virtex-IV device did support up to

267MHz in Clock Synchronous mode.

Using the MIG V1.6 that has some fixes this technique can only be used for ~210 MHz, a reduction of 20% in speed.

I haven't found any information on the Xilinx Web-Site why this is so.

I get the impression that from the beginning on up to now, Xilinx did reduce the max speed for their devices from time to time.

The problem I face, is that we have boards that require at least 250 MHz in Direct Clocking Techniques Mode, and I really would like to understand, why Xilinx did this reduction in terms of max speed using a 512MBit DDR2 from Micron -37.

Any Idea?

Best Regards Markus

BTW the post layout simulation on the DDR2 controllers with a build in Testbench is not working properly. On the Data Mask pins after calibration, these signals drive XX and the comparison fails. Seems to be in the Sim Library ...

Reply to
Markus Meng