Xilinx MIG fails

I cannot get the MIG to work in Core Generator. I've written Xilinx, but hope I can get a faster answer here.

I used the Tools->Updates Installer in coregen to install MIG. Help->About now says I have IP updates 1 and MIG 1.6 installed. It also says I have MIG 1.5 installed.

Xilinx says to list available cores by function, select Memories&Storage Elements, then select MIG. However MIG simply does not appear as an option. Does anyone have any idea why the insallation (apparantly) failed? I am running under Fedora 4, and using ISE 8.1 sp

  1. Thanks kjhales

Reply to
kjhales

MIG runs only on windows, on MIG's page they say that in future versions Linux will be supported. I also faced this problem. I use VMWARE only for this!!!!

Cheers Mehdi

snipped-for-privacy@catalpatechnology.com wrote:

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Thanks. I overlooked that part. This is extremely frustrating because the installer said everything installed OK.

kjhales

GaLaKtIkUs=99 wrote:

Reply to
kjhales