Xilinx ISE vs. SuSE Linux 9.x

I'm currently running SuSE Linux SLES8 AMD64, and ISE 6.2 works fine. I'm planning to upgrade to SuSE Linux 9.1 and was wondering if there are reports of the Xilinx tools working there.

-- Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,

and lines to code before I sleep,
And lines to code before I sleep."

Reply to
Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams wrote: >

I did some googling and found some hints that LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 is required on SuSE 9.1 and also some newer RedHat releases. Can anyone confirm that will do the trick?

On AMD64?

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams

Well, see my previous post about baseX. This is on Fedora Core 2, not Suse, but the kernels/libraries are probably very similar. I am (for historical reasons) running in 32-bit mode, but it's still pretty fast :-)

Note also the DISPLAY variable oddness in my post...

Simon

Reply to
Simon