[xilinx ise simulation] how to keep all settings between runs

Hi all

Is there a way to keep the settings (specifically the format of signals, and the widht of the name and value column) between runs of the simulator? I find it quite tedious to keep selecting binary for one of my channels, and decimal for one of the others every time I run it again.

Thanks for any help.

Bart van Deenen

Reply to
Bart van Deenen

Hi Bart,

ISE Simulator should save all the information about your signals from run to run by default. Especially to do with the signals and their individual settings. This is a new capability in ISE 9.1i, so if you are using any older version of the simulator, please upgrade to ISE

9.2i, which is the latest version where any issues with this is fixed. There are some limitations and that has to do with keeping your markers and so on saved, although the fix for this is coming soon.

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth

I have 9.2.0i running on Linux.

When I start the simulation again, it does keep the traces, and the number format on the trace display, but not on the value column. I only now realize that there seems to be a bug in the value column display; it will always initially show values in hex (or binary), even though the corresponding trace shows decimal values (for instance). When you then select "decimal" with the contextual menu, the value column field will also show decimal. The column widths for the names and values are not saved between runs.

Thanks for your help.

Bart van Deenen

Reply to
Bart van Deenen

HI Bart,

Yes that specific issue you are running into is a bug. I believe it is fixed in the latest service pack. If it is not, then it is definitely in 10.1. In the next release the value column and the trace area will always match. There was a bug in the tool that was why the two were out of sync.

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth