Xilinx ISE and XP home,possible?

Is it possible to install the last version of the free ISE on XP home edition?let me know,please

Thanks to you all

Diego

Reply to
blisca

I can see why the website list for supported platforms would give you pause. I have XP Home at home and recall installing ISE Webpack without worry though I've only stressed the product at work with XP Pro. Is the issue that you're looking at purchasing a full ISE copy or a new computer? If you have XP Home and are itching to install ISE Webpack, go for it! Don't bother with this forum to analyze the situation... execute! And have fun with Xilinx@home!

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

I can see why the website list for supported platforms would give you pause. I have XP Home at home and recall installing ISE Webpack without worry though I've only stressed the product at work with XP Pro. Is the issue that you're looking at purchasing a full ISE copy or a new computer? If you have XP Home and are itching to install ISE Webpack, go for it! Don't bother with this forum to analyze the situation... execute! And have fun with Xilinx@home!

- John_H Thank you very much John

actually i have ISE 9.2 mounted on my old P4 with XP Pro,and it works fine;maybe something more than the 512 MB of RAM that it mounts would be better,but the speed bottleneck is just my poor style of programming; No, the reason of my question is because a friend ,that want to begin practicing VHDL(at the age of 60,he is a senior engineer) has a laptop mounting XP home,and he would not discover that the thing is impossible after various attempt. But well,thanks to you now i can assure him that it is possible!

Thanks once more

Diego Milan,Italy

Reply to
blisca