Xilinx ISE 7.1i

Hello,

I am new to fpga design and am trying to use Webpack to generate a bit-file from an edif file preconverted by another synthesiser. I created a project with EDIF as the top-level module, and added the relevant .edf and .ncf files. I then highlighted the configured EDIF file in the "Sources in Project" window, and tried to run "Implement Design".

I get an 'NGDBuild Failed' error:

ERROR:Portability:90 - Command line error: Argument "Files\Celoxica\RC100\Examples\Menu\EDIF\Menu.edf" has an invalid extension. The valid extension is ".ngd". If your file name has more than one "." in it you must explicitly enter the full file name with its extension.

But there is a .ngd file in the same directory as the .edf file. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mees

Reply to
m_oylulan