Xilinx ISE 6.3i compxlib freeze

I'm trying to compile the simulation libraries and I have a big problem: compxlib causes my computer to freeze in the middle of the compilation. Some background:

Windows XP service pack 2 Xilinx ISE 6.3.03i Xilinx EDK 6.3.02i ModelSim SE 6.0b

The problem occurs both when I try to compile the simulation libraries from the command line (compxlib -s mti_se -f all -l all) and from the ISE interface.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I haven't been able to find any good answers on the Xilinx support site and before I open a tech support call, I was curious if any of you have seen this problem -- and fixed it -- before.

Regards, Dan

-- Daniel Alex Finkelstein Graduate Research Fellow Computer & Information Science Polytechnic University

5 MetroTech Center Brooklyn, NY 11201 tel: 718-260-3378 fax: 718-260-3609 url:
Dan

libraries

and

See Xilinx answer record 19712: "Currently, ISE 6.3i and all previous versions of ISE are not supported on Windows XP Service Pack 2. Xilinx will be fixing incompatibilities that have been found to date in ISE 6.3i Service Pack 1, scheduled for release in September 2004. Xilinx is committed to fixing other incompatibilities as they are found, but will not be able to provide official support for this specific version of Windows until ISE 7.1i, to be released in early 2005."

Reply to
Gabor