Xilinx ISE 10 in CentOS not showing in application menu list

Hi,

This is my first time install Xilinx ISE in CentOS, I thought it's the free clone of RHEL. But I cannot find the ISE in the application menu list. I don't mean I have to have it, but just don't know if it's the default like that. I don't know if it's showing in the RHEL or your CentOS. I am pleased to see how close the CentOS to RHEL. Thank you for your time and reply.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

As Xilinx tools are installed appart from the system package manager there is no entry in the application menu. You have to set up you environment to be able to use the tools.

source /opt/Xilinx/10.1/ISE/settings32.sh or source /opt/Xilinx/10.1/ISE/settings32.csh

You can maybe set up the application menu, but is it really important ?

Reply to
Nicolas Hervé