Xilinx IP: PCI Express

Hi, we recently bought the PCI Express Endpoint Core from Xilinx and implemented it into a Virtex 2 Pro 50 device.

We have some experience with MGT connections and never had problems.

But up to now we could not get the core running. We expect that the core will be detected by the BIOS of our PCI Express PC - but nothing happened.

We could measure a stable reset pulse at boot-up of the PC. We expect that the signal trn_lnk_up_n will go high during link training and then goes low to indicate link up. But this signal stays low all the time.

BTW: We heard that the Spread-Spectrum feature of some mainboards is critical, but as far we can measure there is no modulation of the 100MHz mainboard provided clock.

Does anybody here have any experience with the usage of PCIexpress in FPGA ? Any suggestions welcome !

Regards Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Loew

"Andreas Loew" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE...

implemented it into a Virtex 2 Pro 50 device.

will be detected by the BIOS of our PCI Express PC - but nothing happened.

the signal trn_lnk_up_n will go high during link training and then goes low to indicate link up. But this signal stays low all the time.

critical, but as far we can measure there is no modulation of the 100MHz mainboard provided clock.

? Any suggestions welcome !

both nital and dinigroup have working xilinx PCIe FPGA boards. try dini first see if they would be willing to help.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hello,

If you haven't done so already, please file a support case with the Xilinx hotline. Make sure to specify what version of the IP core you are using, and it would probably help if you also submitted a schematic of your board.

Eric Crabill