Xilinx in Linux

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the Xilinx ISE 4.2i software in Linux? I would like to develop VHDL code and then program my FPGA (I use a parallel port JTAG programmer). Being able to do this from Linux would make the project easier as I need to develop a Linux device driver at the same time. I was thinking I could use WINE. Do any websites with instructions exist?

Thanks.

Reply to
ted
5FED95EDA662C234D78B4B83 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Ted,

Answer record 12384

V> Hi,

Reply to
vve

The current Xilinx tools are Linux native. I you don't have them then see my old Xilinx on Linux page for instructions on running the 4.2 tools under wine,

B. Joshua Rosen

Hi

Programming the actual FPGA using JTAGcannot be done from within the ISE

- you need to find a third-party program to do that under linux, but at least ISE 6.x will run under Wine otherwise (mostly). See my page on how to do it here:

I don't know if this applies fro 4.2 also - but you can always give it a try. Hope it helps.

-- Brian

Reply to
Brian Dam Pedersen

Such as xc3sprog for the Spartan 3

but at

Excellent. I was considering writing something on this myself, no I can just write a link:) BTW, I am using Wine 20040813 version and the command line tools work great. ise.exe loads but I don't use it.

Regards Andrew

--
Spartan3 configuration JTAG download tool for GNU/Linux available from
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/