xilinx gigabit MAC core full vs half duplex

Hi all, quick question regarding full vs half duplex. i have a desktop PC with a fiber ethernet card connected to a memec vp20 board with sfp connectors built in. If I connect up this card to another fiber card my BSD box says it is running at full duplex, but when i connect it up to the memec board with a xilinx gigabit MAC core it only runs at half duplex. Can someone explain why this is? Is it in configuration of the gmac core or is it the gmac core itself?

thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

Howdy Matt,

Have you tried looping them on themselves to see if you can isolate the offender? And/or you could plug each into a known good device (like a GbE switch)?

Although half-duplex is technically possible with GbE, it is never done in practice. Hopefully the Xilinx core doesn't waste too many LUTs supporting it.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph