Xilinx FPU for Virtex-4 over FPU

I understand that Xilinx will be doing a Floating Point Unit that uses the APU interface. I haven't been able to find out how big a foot print it will have within a given FPGA. I also don't know what the cost will be. Has anyone heard anything about this? Thanks

Reply to
Laguna_b1

Hi Laguna_b1,

You are correct - Xilinx will indeed be releasing a Floating-Point Unit for the PowerPC 405 cores in the Virtex4 FX family, using the pipeline-coupled APU bus interface. This was demonstrated at the Embedded Systems Conference in San Francisco in March:

As for price, footprint, availability... you have all the information that's currently available, I'm afraid! I can't offer any further details at this time. If you're interested, drop me a line with details of your application.

Cheers,

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones