Xilinx Foundation Series F2.1i + win2k

Hi all,

I have a problem. While trying to install old Xilinx Foundation Series F2.1i on Windows 2000, just at the beginning of installation I got the message: "The exception unknown software exception (0xe06d7363)occured in the application at location 0x77eab2f0". and the installation is ending. I know that this version of Xilinx enviroment was not designed for the Win2k but I saw once that one guy had it working on Win2k (I don't know how they done this on Win2k and don't have the contact with this people). Also I know, that Xilinx uses Java for installation. So I've tried to install Java Development kit v.1.1.8 but it doesn't helped. Do you know of any solutions for this, how to install this version on Win2k ??? Regards Sebastian

Reply to
Seba

"Seba" ha scritto nel messaggio news:bin8b4$dhm$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

There is a know problem with the Java runtime environment shipped with foundation 2.1i and Pentium 4. It doesn't matter if you install a newer version of JRE, since the Xilinx installer uses its own copy on the CD. I remember I managed to install foundation 2.1i on a Pentium 4 by changing the JRE directly on the Xilinx installation CD (i.e. copy all of the contents of CD into another CD but with another version of JRE). I tried various versions, it worked only with one (not the newest one, maybe it was the first version with the P4 bug fixed).

--
 Lorenzo
Reply to

thanks a lot, finally I got something interesting about this. It would be great if I knew what version of java works with this soft. Maybe you could remember ??? If so, please let me know. Thanks once again - I will do some experiments about this. regards

the

of

Reply to
Seba

Thanks very much !!!!!!!!!!!! Best regards Sebastian

message:

they

Reply to
Seba