Xilinx CPLD fitter trouble, OK in Foundation4.1, bad in 6.3,7.1

IT took me quite a lot of time to realize that the newer webpack versions produces a fitter error without an error message.

The newer versions (tried 6.3 and 7.1 with service packs) sometimes ignores one loc constraint in the ucf file. Foudation4.1 works perfekt with the same sources (vhdl & ucf).

Any instance during the building process renames one output pin from touch_rx to touch_rx3, and the fitter places this pin to an unconstrained location (touch_rx has an ucf loc definition, touch_rx3 not). What a BS.

Tried to open a webcase, and i got the following:

Error May-30-2005 Registration is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Estimated downtime is 12 hours beginning at 6am PST. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Does anybody has made similar experiences with the fitter ?

The V7.1 GUI is worse, e.g. in 6.3 the sources could be enlarged and minimized easily. Boolean equations of the fitter report are less readable than in earlier Versions.

MIKE

Reply to
M.Randelzhofer