Xilinx coregen fifo

I generated a fifo with block rams with two independent clocks and a symmetric widths and depths. the fifo manual digrams state that with read enable high the data can be read out of the fifo every clock cycle. The wr_en signal is running at a half of the write cycle frequency .i.e the valid data is present on the input bus every second cycle of write clock. Now once the data has been written I disable the wr_en . I enable the read enable and the signal is kept at constant high till the fifo becomes empty. I simulated the fifo and it turns out that the fifo ouputs the data every second cycle with a constant high on the rd_en pin.

Is there something to be tweaked to make it output every clock cycle or is that the peak performance?

Reply to
nbg2006

Peter Alfke

Thanks for the reply . I was making the silly mistake of writing the word twice but now I corrected it .The simulations are proper but when i writie it onto the fpga and check it using chipscope it gives me data on every second sample of plb clock instead of every sample. I am reading the fifo using plb clock but in chipscope pro I see a new data every second sample which ruins my whole state machine inputs .i.e the data output of fifo is maintained for 2 cycles inspite of me reading it every cycle . I use plb clock for the chipscope pro samples.

Peter Alfke wrote:

Reply to
nbg2006

Reply to