Xilinx Coregen, command not found java error

Hi all -

I'm running Xilinx ISE 10.1 on a 64-bit linux machine, and I'm getting a weird error. Designs which do not use a coregen generated file compile fine...however, when I try and use coregen, or even generate a core from the coregen GUI, I get kicked out with the following error:

Generating IP... -cp: command not found ERROR: coreutil:424 - An Error occured while running Java. Please exaime the console or coregen log file for a specific IP related error WARNING:coreutil:266 - could not remove outfile

I'm not sure why it couldn't locate the 'cp' command, as it is located in /bin/.

Has anyone come across this error before? I have seen similar threads about the coregen not being able to locate a file, but normally these files are user specific, not the 'cp' command.

How can I tell where coregen is looking at for these files?

Thanks

Reply to
Zach Stechly

The -cp option to java gives the classpath.

(Note that in linux, a filename can start with -, such that -cp is a legal (though confusing) command name.)

That doesn't really help you fix the problem, but does explain why the cp command isn't helping.

One possibility is that an environment variable is expanded inline, and contains a semicolon. That would end the command, such that a following -cp would be expected to be a new command.

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt

Might also be that the environment variable JAVA (or whatever) is not set, or set to the empty string.

Reply to
Raymond Wiker

Hey guys,

I figured it out - we were using the 64-bit version of Xilinx 10.1, but we only had the JRE installed for the 32-bit version. Core Gen went looking in xilinx/ise10/ISE/java/lin64 for the JRE, but couldn't find it.

Thanks for all your help

Reply to
Zach Stechly

ISE comes with a JRE bundled? Looking under /opt/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS/ ISE/java6/lin64/jre, I see it there. Its a shame they can't create decent Linux distribution bundles in RPM or DEB format, and avoid this kind of duplication.

ISE seems to have installed its own 32 and 64 bit JREs automatically on my machine. I don't recall being given the option to deselect this in the install process.

Reply to
rupertlssmith

On 12.08.11 11:36, wrote snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com:

The ISE design suite is monolithic. Maybe Xilinx will change that if they crack the 10 GB mark for the whole package :-/ ...

regards, Bart

Reply to
Bart Fox