Xilinx: Case Statements

Xilinx has the ridiculous peculiarity of requiring sized cases in a case statement.

I allow users of my module to set parameters that are used to calculate other local parameters, and those local parameters are then used in several case statements as the cases.

How am I supposed to meet XST requirements?

Will requiring that all parameter definitions be sized do the trick? I think not, since one of my calculations is:

localparam LOCAL = PARAM - 1;

Is Xilinx also too stupid to use the size given when PARAM is set? Any help would be appreciated.

PS How can anybody put up with Xilinx? In my experience, their software has been utter trash.

Reply to
lingwitt