Xilinx:CAM

Hi, all, I am implementing an on-chip 16*32 CAM using Xilinx Select
RAM(applicatin notes 204 or 260). I am wondering why a register is added to each
of the input and output. When I simulate the design in Modelsim, there  is
always two clock cycles' delay, one for the input register and one for the
output register, I guess. So if I specify the data to match, the match output
signal will appear after two clock cycles. I don't think it is a correct
implementation. Any one has idea about this? <p>Thanks for your answers!
Alex

Site Timeline