Xilinx Block RAM - initializing with Intel Hex-File

Hello,

how can I initialize a 8k*8 Block RAM with an Intel Hex-File?

Thanks for any hint. Udo

Reply to
Udo

Udo, Check out the Xilinx app. DATA2MEM . It uses a file of the form .mem which contains the data to be loaded. The format is pretty similar to Intel Hex, a simple perl script would take a few minutes to write to change from one format to the other. Some guy on here was asking about DATA2MEM a month or so ago, check out his thread on Google groups for some newbie hints, and save yourself the pain I went through trying to get it to work!! HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon