Xilinx Block RAM - initializing with Intel Hex-File

Hello,

how can I initialize a 8k*8 Block RAM with an Intel Hex-File?

Thanks for any hint.
Udo

Re: Xilinx Block RAM - initializing with Intel Hex-File
Udo,
Check out the Xilinx app. DATA2MEM . It uses a file of the form .mem which
contains the data to be loaded. The format is pretty similar to Intel Hex, a
simple perl script would take a few minutes to write to change from one
format to the other.
Some guy on here was asking about DATA2MEM a month or so ago, check out his
thread on Google groups for some newbie hints, and save yourself the pain I
went through trying to get it to work!!
HTH, Syms.

Site Timeline