Xilinx backups

What is the best backup procedure for Xilinx?

I have used snapshot which seems to copy the whole directory into the current director. You can attach a description to it. Archive compresses the data. And Save Project As seems to get rid of some of the clutter in the directory.

b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Good timing.

Use a makefile and your favorite source coutrol system.

See for example, John Retta's recent post: Subject: Re: Xilinx ISE 7.1 - Can this get any worse? Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:24:02 GMT

-- The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address or any of my other addresses. These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.

Reply to
Hal Murray

Well that begs another question. I am a post DOS Xilinx user. I understand that DOS is still being supported and I am a bit of a DOS dinosaur myself. So does it behove me to start making batch files and processing stuff using DOS batch files?

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

I would recommend installing Cygwin and using a full featured make. I'm using this since years on Windows NT/XP and it works perfectly.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Falser

Project > Cleanup then Project > Archive

I personnaly use a modified cleanup batch since the Xilinx one does (did?) forget a number of useless files (log) & subdir...and it does erase the resulting files... But basically it works if source files is what you want to archive. The idea is that you should be able to rebuild the resulting files from the backup. If you want to save resulting files (like .bit or .hex), save them first !

Bert

Brad Smallridge wrote:

Reply to
info_