XilFatFS and CF...

Hi there, I'm experiencing some problems with a 64 MB Compact Flash and xilfatfs on the XUP board: since I wasn't able to open in write mode more than one file each time, I tried to reformat the Compact Flash. I reformatted it with mkdosfs in FAT16 and it works perfectly for reprogramming the FPGA, but now I can't open any file in write mode (although everything seems correct in the software platform settings: write support is enabled). Does anybody has any idea why it doesn't work? Any possible solution?

Thank you very much!!!

The Mighty Shaman

Reply to
The Mighty Shaman

xilfatfs on the XUP board: since I wasn't able to open in write mode more than one file each time, I tried to reformat the Compact Flash. I reformatted it with mkdosfs in FAT16 and it works perfectly for reprogramming the FPGA, but now I can't open any file in write mode (although everything seems correct in the software platform settings: write support is enabled). Does anybody has any idea why it doesn't work? Any possible solution?

I suffered greatly with this same problem. It all comes down to the format parameters. The best way is to get a copy windows 2000 and tell it to format in FAT16 at a command prompt with format.com

-Eli

Reply to
Eli Hughes

Solved the problem of writing a single file reformatting the compact flash with the utility accompaining the cf reader I bought... Yet, I noticed that to open multiple in writing at the same time, I must open the file and then do some work on it before opening the next. If I open all the files I need (without doing any operation on them between the fopens) and then write on them, only the first one gets opened correctly... I don't know if this is still related to the File System format or if it's just a XilFATFS problem...

Reply to
TheMightyShaman