xess boards

Hi, I'm thinking to purchase xess fpga board (XSA and XST-2). I don't know I should buy which one. All XSA boards have almost same features. What do you think about it? Thanks to all

Reply to
usrdr

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in news:1102324732.066813.273510 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

From a price standpoint, you only have two choices to consider:

XSA-200 @ $149: 200K-gate FPGA, 32 MByte SDRAM, 2MByte Flash, 9-bit VGA XSA-3S1000 @ $199: 1M-gate FPGA, 32 MByte SDRAM, 2MByte Flash, 9-bit VGA

The XSA-200 uses a Spartan2 FPGA that is 5V-tolerant and so this board is compatible with the XST-2. The 3S1000 uses a Spartan3 FPGA that is NOT 5V- tolerant, so you will have to wait for the new XST-3.0 Board in 2005.

Dave Van den Bout
XESS Corp.
PO Box 33091
Raleigh NC 27636
Phn: (919) 363-4695
Fax: (801) 749-6501
devb@xess.com
http://www.xess.com
Reply to
Dave Vanden Bout

I would go with 3S1000!

the S200 is just enough for Microblaze SoC and too small for GPL Sparc SoC, sure the 3S IO's are not 5v tolerant any more so care should be taken if connecting to 5V peripherals

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats