XCF01's in the UK

Hi there,

I still can't find a UK supplier for a low quantity (8) of XCF01 memory. Memec don't reply to my messages, and the only supplier in the states I found (nuhorizons) were charging $75 to ship to me!

Can anyone give me a pointer as to (a) somewhere I can get the in the UK, or (b) somewhere that will ship to me at a normal cost.

Thanks,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Main

Andy,

Have you checked with a local Xilinx FAE? My local FAE has helped me with this type of issue in the past. I'm not sure if that is normal behaviour but its worth a try.

Also, Digikey may have them and I believe they have a European office now although I could be wrong about that.

Cheers.

Reply to
James Morrison

try to call MEMEC (

-> UK )

Laurent

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------ Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your customers drift off to free webmail services install your own web gateway!

-- See

----

Reply to
Laurent Gauch

Digikey didn't have them last time I checked, plus they have an annoying minimum order penalty which adds $20 straight away, very annoying. Then there is shipping, which seems to be internationally priced.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Main

I'll give them a call, however I don't anticipate much help from them. I've sent them 2 emails and filled out one web form so far!

Its sad but ebay has been my best source so far! I know we are an extremely small minority, but being a hobbiest is hard work!

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Main

Xilinx have started selling some stuff direct. I don't know if XCF01s are on list, or if there are any problems, or costs, in getting UK delivery but have a look.

Alternatively try both halves of Memec with the franchaise. They are technically in competition. I would use the telephone for maximum result. If after trying all that you still have a problem give me a call and I'll try and assist.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

John Adair

They sell a few Spartans, but not the proms to go with them!

Thanks for the offer. I'll try and give them a ring first but may take you up on that.

I still can't get over the fact that there are no hobbiest type distributers for these entry level devices.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Main

That would be because there is negligible business - I would imagine the number of UK hobbyist users of these parts would barely make double figures.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Memec/Insight DO work, but it's best to make contact by phone, and speak to a real person. Number is buried somewhere deep in their website...

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond