XC6200 bitstream readback

Dear FPGA developers,

I'm a CS student who's currently trying to get into Evolvable Hardware. Unfortunately I don't have much background in hardware design, but maybe you can still point me in the right direction.

So far I was able to set up a FreeBSD server and do a memory map of the vintage Xilinx XC6200 mounted on a VCC Hotworks PCI board and write the resulting bitstream to a file.

Is there a tool for Windows which would decode the XC6200 bitstream into a CAL file, thus allowing me to import the configuration to a design tool? All the Xilinx tools I tried expect the board to be mounted either on the local machine or on a remote Windows system.

I found quite some stuff about Virtex readback, .bit files, bitgen and so on, but I'm unsure to what extend that work- flow can be adopted to the vintage XC6200/Hotworks...

Best regards, Toby

Reply to
Tobias Weihmann