xc3sprog

Hi,

It's been over two years since I released xc3sprog. Since then Xilinx has released ISEWebPack for GNU/Linux. Many people have sent me modifications for various additions to xc3sprog.

A lot has happenned to me in two years. I moved house (the Xilinx kit is still in the loft). Have completeted my Ph.D. except the thesis which seems to take for ever.

What I would like to do is to incorporate the many suggestions and patches into the next release of xc3sprog if people are still using it.

I would be particularly interested in modifications to xc3sprog for USB programmers. My laptop does not have a parallel port:(

Regards Andrew Rogers

--
Spartan3 configuration JTAG download tool for GNU/Linux available from
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/

Sorry, I forgot to mention that emails sent to me should include [XC3SPROG] in the subject field. This helps me to filter them from the

150 SPAMs I get a day.

Happy New Year! Andrew Rogers

--
Spartan3 configuration JTAG download tool for GNU/Linux available from
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/
Reply to
Andrew Rogers

I use Xilinx Tools on Linux. What does your tool do that I can't already do with my setup now? (Xilinx Foundation with EDK and USB programming cable)

-Eli

Andrew Rogers wrote:

Reply to
Eli Hughes

I think I've tried to contact you via email more than one year ago and got no answer.

It looks like several people (me included) made use of xc3sprog and updated it (I have patches to compile under FreeBSD, program XCF01S and other misc enhancements).

There is a project started on sourceforge (named xc3sprog) which also adds USB connectivity option (I'll be testing it soon).

Last December I've migrated my changes to this source base since it seemed more active; however, reading the posts regarding xc3sprog on this newsgroup and sourceforge you'll find people trying to commit changes and not being able to. May be you can try to get in touch with the sourceforge project owner and help with managing new patches (I'll be more than happy to submit my changes if somehow is possible).

I think having tools to do JTAG programming in userland is quite valuable since they are more portable than closed source, proprietary kernel which is required by IMPACT.

I am more than happy using xc3sprog under FreeBSD (xst FPGA fitting runs under FreeBSD w/ linux emulation as well). It looks like people are looking more after free stuff than open source (see RealPlayer, jtag programming, ATI/NVIDIA drivers, etc, for which the development of opensource sw is quite slow).

--
mmihai
Reply to

Found it at:

Great to see so many changes added to it. Once I worked out how to drive sourceforge.net, ie. to upload changes, etc. I have a few updates myself.

Thanks Andrew Rogers

Reply to
Andrew Rogers

That should be easy; just install subversion and you should be done with it.

Let us ping Eric Jonas, the owner of the projetc; my understanding is he's kind of busy and is hard to have commits added to the sourceforge project. There are few other peoples I saw looging to post updates for xc3sprog, let us ping them too.

I hope I'll see some activity soon!

-- mmihai

Reply to
mmihai

Now *this* is cool!

If you work on this any more, step/impulse response would be great, too.

John

Current version of xc3sprog in SVN incorporates all of the patches submitted so far. I pulled them in a couple of days ago, partially in response to this thread. Please submit your new patches - I will try to keep the project up to date.

Reply to
dimtey

I've sent you my patches to your gmail address. Please let me know if you've received them.

-- mmihai

Reply to
mmihai

I having issue with compiling from centos for ARM processor I made change t o Cmakelist and toolchain file so far not luck. I can compile and run on ce ntos but cross compile does not work. Can someone provide me cmakelist file and toolchain.cmake file. I don't understand the cmake I preffered make fi le. thanks

Reply to
atul.iagent