XC3S50 DCI Application

All,

Conscious of the original intent of DCI: We're looking to drive a number (read 76) LEDs using a XC3S50. VCCO is 3.3V. IO Standard will be LVDCI_33. We're also aware that DCI is not available on Bank 5. We've got plenty of spare IO so we've decided to drive things statically (as opposed to scanning).

Is it possible to use DCI to simulate current limiting resistors (~430ohm) for each of the 76 LEDs? If so, it can save us a significant amount of board space on an already tight board.

Any comments / personal experiences appreciated.

Gordon Lau

Reply to
Gordon

All,

Conscious of the original intent of DCI: We're looking to drive a number (read 76) LEDs using a XC3S50. VCCO is 3.3V. IO Standard will be LVDCI_33. We're also aware that DCI is not available on Bank 5. We've got plenty of spare IO so we've decided to drive things statically (as opposed to scanning).

Is it possible to use DCI to simulate current limiting resistors (~430ohm) for each of the 76 LEDs? If so, it can save us a significant amount of board space on an already tight board.

Any comments / personal experiences appreciated.

Gordon Lau

Reply to
Gordon

Sorry about all the messages ...