XC18V master parallel configuration

Hello, I have cascaded two Xilinx PROM's: XC18V04 + XC18V512 in order to configure a XC2VP7 in Master-Parallel mode. Impact 6.2i only offers the option Xilinx Serial PROM. Also if I use the non xilinx-specificl option "Parallel PROM" it seems not to be possible to run the PROM's for paralle configuration! I can only configure the FPGA in Maste serial mode! Does anyone know how I can run the cascaded PROM's in Master-Parallel mode? Thank you, Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Müller

The parallel mode of the XC18V00 series is set during configuration, not at the time you generate the PROM file. You would therefore select the parts during PROM file generation as if you were using them in the serial mode. Then when you configure the devices over JTAG, right click on the XC18Vxx parts and check the Parallel Mode box in the programming options.

Reply to
Gabor Szakacs

Matthias,

You'll still generate the Xilinx PROMs with teh Xilinx Serial PROMs option. To program the FPGA from the prom in Parallel mode, you'll have to set the option when you program the MCS file to the PROM.

After you've generated MCS file from the Xilinx Serial PROMs option, you should detect the JTAG chain. You'll then proceed to assign the MCS file to the PROM. If you then right click on the PROM and select Program, a program Options dialogue would pop up. To the right of the dialogue box, you'll see options such a Load FPGA or Parallel Mode. If you check the Parallel Mode option, the PROM will configure the FPGA in parallel mode.

Regards, Wei Xil> Hello,

Reply to
Chen Wei Tseng